"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Luke 4:18 (CSB)
We believe deliverance is a vital part of ministry that must regain it's place within the Church. Over a third of Jesus' earthly ministry was focused on the casting out of demons. Every Disciple of Jesus is commanded to Preach the Gospel, Heal the Sick, and Cast out Demons.
(Mark 16:17-18, Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 10:1-39, Luke 10:19)
In Hosea 4:6, we read that the Lord's people die for a lack of knowledge. In this present age, the prince of the power of the air has done a cunning and effective job of keeping Christians ignorant, naive, oblivious, ill-equipped and unaware of his schemes. Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 4:4 could not be more true today in the claim that the ruler of this world has blinded us.
One of the most common and debated theological questions is "Can a Christian be possessed?". The answer to that question is emphatically NO. Possession implies total ownership. This is not possible for a born again believer in which the Holy Spirit lives. Now, the better question would be "Can a demon be inside of a Christian?". The answer to that question is emphatically YES. As human beings we have a Spirit, Soul (mind, will, emotion), and Body. Demons cannot occupy the Spirit of a born again believer because it is possessed by the Holy Spirit, however they can take up residence in our Soul and Body. Demons can also oppress from outside of our bodies.
Demons cannot be counseled out, they have to be commanded to leave after their legal rights to stay have been broken. Too many Christians are walking around trying to crucify demons and cast out flesh. This is ineffective and counterproductive. We must crucify flesh and cast out demons. This does not have to be weird and certainly should not be over-dramatized as Hollywood typically likes to depict. If done correctly, this can be a powerful moment in which full freedom is experienced and Jesus Christ is glorified.
Signs you may need deliverance -
- Irrational and extreme physical or emotional tendencies: Compulsive behavior or outbursts, hatred, anger, rage, self-pity, jealousy, worry, anxiety, depression, inferiority, insecurity, etc.
- Uncontrollable Sexual Desires: lust, pornography, homosexuality, adultery, fornication, promiscuity, perversions, masturbation
- Addictions: Alcohol, caffeine, marijuana, illegal drugs, prescription medications, pornography, and any other substance or behavior
- Physical Infirmities: Usually these are not explainable and go undiagnosed by Doctors
- Religious Error: dabbling in the occult, false religions, psychic reading, astrology, yoga (Yes, YOGA), witchcraft, sorcery, Ouija boards, etc.
- Frequent or Recurring Nightmares
If you feel as though you may have opened a door in your life to demonic influence and would like to set up a time to assess, evaluate, and participate in deliverance prayer ministry, then please fill out the form below including a brief explanation of the reasoning behind your request.